What Do You Do After Getting a Johnston County Speeding Ticket?

What Do You Do After Getting a Johnston County Speeding Ticket?

You’re driving down I-95, near the Highway 70 / 210 ramp near Smithfield, when a State Highway Patrol car darts in behind you, flashes its blue lights and pulls you over. The officer tells you that you were clocked on a radar gun as going 76 mph in a 65 mph zone and writes you a speeding ticket. What do you do next?

Every case is unique. What happens in your case can depend on many factors, including how fast you were accused of going, where you were stopped and how many prior traffic or speeding tickets you have on your record.

The Johnston County speeding ticket attorneys at Reece & Reece, Attorneys at Law, will review your case and help you map out the steps that can lead to the best possible result. For a free case evaluation, call us today at (919) 300-1249 or use our convenient online form.

Johnston County Speeding Tickets: The Next Steps

If you look at your speeding ticket, you will see the alleged speeding violation as well as a court date and time. At that point, you can either (1) admit guilt, pay your fine and move on, accepting that points will be added to your license and your insurance rates will increase, (2) ignore the ticket and be charged with failure to appear in court.

Another option is to contact an experienced Johnston County speeding ticket lawyer at Reece & Reece, Attorneys at Law.

One of our speeding ticket lawyers can meet with you in person or by phone and evaluate the facts of your case, including the circumstances of your stop and your prior driving background. We will then go over your options, including:

  • Challenging the speeding ticket;
  • Seeking a reduction to a speed under 10 mph over the speed limit;
  • Asking for a continuance of the case while you perform community service or complete an online or in-person driver improvement class or defensive driving course;
  • A reduction in your charge to a non-moving violation that will not carry license or insurance points Seeking a prayer for judgment continued that keeps the speeding violation from affecting your driving record .

If you sign a waiver, then you will not have to personally appear in court for any of these matters, saving you from missing work or having to hire a babysitter.

Our goals will be to keep points off your record and avoid your insurance premiums going up. You can help yourself by avoiding any future traffic tickets or speeding tickets. If you have compiled points on your record, you may voluntarily take a driver’s education course to knock off some of your points.

You should also expect to pay District Court costs (approximately $141), the fine for your ticket and a reasonable fee for the services provided to you by our law firm. If you are charged with speeding in a school zone ($25) or work zone ($250), your costs could be higher.

Contact Us Today

The hard-working, skilled and experienced Johnston County speeding ticket lawyers at Reece & Reece, Attorneys at Law, are dedicated to protecting the rights and interests of drivers who have received speeding citations. We will do our best to explain every step of the process after you receive a speeding ticket and keep you informed along the way.

We have a record of helping clients with speeding tickets throughout Johnston County, including Smithfield, Benson and Clayton, Selma, Archer Lodge, Kenly, Four Oaks, Pine Level, Princeton, Wilson’s Mill and Micro. We also assist out-of-state drivers who have received a North Carolina speeding ticket on I-40 or I-95 while driving in Johnston County.

For a free case evaluation, call our Johnston County speeding ticket attorneys today at (919) 300-1249 or use our online form..